Buy a Diabetes-Specific Insurance Plan Today! Read on to Find out the Reasons.
Well, different people may carry different notions to answer this question. But, here are some facts and figures which support the need for Diabetes centred health insurance. As we are talking about the health insurance plan in India, one should be aware of the truth that India is considered as the Diabetes capital of the world and it is feared that by the year 2030, around 80 million people in our country would be diabetic. In addition to these, the theme during the celebrations of World Health Day in 2016 was set in the support of beating Diabetes.
These sorts of details corroborate the necessity to start planning to fight against diabetes. With millions of people already battling this ailment, it becomes crucial for everyone to opt for a health insurance plan to mitigate the financial crisis in medical emergencies related to diabetes. However, even if these facts unable to convince you to have a diabetes-specific insurance plan, here are some more reasons to support the thought:
- According to the data of 2015, 1 in every 11 individuals had to have diabetes. This computes around 12% of global health expenditure on the medication of diabetes only. Believing in such facts, the diabetes treatment could go unaffordable for many people, especially, in developing economies like India. Therefore, acquiring specific insurance policy for diabetes makes an absolute sense to save your savings without compromising on treatments.
- Diabetes is an ailment that requires prolonged treatment. Although, it has no cure, thus, its treatment process comprised a blend of medications and directions pertaining to exercise and diet. Apart from the expensive and long-lasting treatment procedure, another risk associated with diabetes is that it can lead to some other health complications such as heart disease, kidney failure and so on. This can be understood with a concept that people with type 2 diabetes are 4 times more prone to heart diseases as compared to any healthy person.
- The common age when people become more vulnerable to diabetes ranges around 50-55. But, in this modern era, due to a sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits, people of young age from 25 to 35 are also under the hit-list of this disease. However, opting for an insurance plan post diabetes detection isn’t a great option, as the premium amount would be soaring at that time. So, if you or anyone in your family is having an inactive lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits, plan to purchase the health plan at a younger age, if possible.
- There exist many health insurance plans that don’t comprise pre-existing illnesses like hypertension and diabetes. In fact, if a person is diagnosed with diabetes, even after a specific time period, his claim can still be rejected in the view of the pre-existing illness concept. Apart from these, some other medical complications that evolve as a repercussion of diabetes are also excluded from the plan. So, it is suggested to consider your family medical history before buying any health insurance policy.
- At some point in time, the possibility of getting an individual, suffering from diabetes, hospitalized definitely rises. As several health policies don’t incorporate the coverage for a pre-existing illness, which is offered by the diabetes-specific health plans, which makes it much expensive than the normal health plans. Also, under the diabetes-related health policies, the pre-existing illnesses are covered only for diabetes, hypertension and related medical problems.
The options pertaining to diabetes insurance plans are very limited in the insurance market. Thus, it is always suggested to go through the policy wordings of the plan in detail before purchasing a policy. Also, compare the plans offered by the top insurance providers so as to find the best medical coverage at reasonable prices and enable yourself to successfully fight against diabetes.